The latest figures from comScore indicate that Google's search share is flat, while Bing is gaining ground.

According to financial analysts' reports, the latest comScore figures show that Google's search share is flat. Meanwhile, Microsoft is making gains – and search marketers should take note.

Multiple reports reveal that comScore's March 2011 figures attribute 65.7 percent of the search market to Google – a marginal increase from 65.4 percent in February.

Meanwhile, Bing, accounted for 13.9 percent of searches in March – modest growth over February. Still, Bing's gains were Yahoo's loss, with the latter dropping from 16.1 to 15.7 percent of the share. This means Microsoft's search engine accounts for a combined 29.6 percent of the overall market by comScore's measure.

These figures are similar to Hitwise data Brafton covered earlier this week. Hitwise found that Bing gained ground, reaching 30 percent of the search market last month, while Google's share dropped.

Together, the search engine reports from comScore and Hitwise suggest that users are getting more comfortable searching with Bing. Marketers might consider increasing their Bing SEO strategies accordingly.

Katherine Griwert is Brafton's Marketing Director. She's practiced content marketing, SEO and social marketing for over five years, and her enthusiasm for new media has even deeper roots. Katherine holds a degree in American Studies from Boston College, and her writing is featured in a number of web publications.