He’s back and he’s fired up. 2018 marked the last time Shane Baker was on the show (that makes him our first-ever repeat guest).
In those days, he worked as a freelance disco instructor by night and a CIA-contracted gun by day. He had just finished his memoir, “I don’t talk like Paul Rudd, Paul Rudd talks like me,” a brooding tell-all about the time he and the ”Role Models” star spent in clown school together.
These days, Shane Barker is busy saving small businesses, trying ayahuasca and being a highly successful digital marketing consultant (not necessarily in that order). He’s the founder and owner of Clout Marketing, LLC., which helps small businesses triumph over the fallout of COVID-19, and he recently launched a course that helps aspiring influencers succeed.
As usual, Shane had plenty of input on some really interesting topics ranging from:
- Business consulting.
- How to navigate delicate situations with struggling clients during COVID times.
- How to be a traveling digital entrepreneur.
- Much more.
Buckle in, because this one is a wild (but very fun) ride:
Correction: Some of the above information pertaining to Shane Barker may be untrue. Namely, there’s no evidence that he is, in fact, highly successful.
- Clout Consulting LLC: A resource for small businesses that need help contending with COVID’s impact on their operations.
- The Marketing Growth Podcast: Shane’s podcast (worth queuing up).
- ShaneBarker.com: Shane’s company, and most of what you need to know about his illustrious career thus far.
- How to be an influencer: A combination of free resources and course material for anyone trying to break into the influencer game.
Context-Free Quote of the Week
“If you’re a brain surgeon and you don’t get back to your clients and then they die, that really sucks.”