What Is SEO and Why Is It Important?
If it isn’t on Google, does it exist? Maybe, but it will be a lot harder to find.
Search engine optimization maximizes the likelihood that you will populate in search results for the products and services you offer. Search engine optimization also involves optimizing your site to outrank your competition for keywords that are important to your brand.
Hundreds of factors determine how well a search engine ranks in search engine results pages (SERPs), including:
Backlinks to your site from other trustworthy websites (backlink profile).
Matching content to search intent.
How users interact — or don’t — with your site.
On-page elements and web design.
Site structure and page
Your thoroughness in addressing each of these factors determines your site’s presence on search. That presence, in turn, can nurture your commercial goals, whether that’s to grow your business, improve awareness of your products or services, or something else.
You tell us what you want to achieve, and we’ll prescribe an SEO strategy that gets the job done.
A Strategy-Fueled, Data-Driven, Creatively Focused SEO Company
As a full-service digital marketing agency, Brafton puts a complete marketing team inclusive of SEO specialists, marketing strategists, content writers, designers and developers at the helm of your strategy.
We can deliver à la carte SEO consulting services such as keyword research or an SEO audit. Alternatively, we can function as your dedicated SEO agency, providing ongoing strategic guidance and data-driven recommendations for your campaigns, and executing creative campaigns.
Either way, when you work with us, you get a professional SEO service that keeps on giving. We’re experts in tying every SEO campaign we work on to commercial value.
No vanity metrics. Just value.
We’re experts in tying every
SEO campaign we work on
into commercial value.
Organic SEO Services
Organic search engine optimization is the fulcrum of our content marketing services. Unlike paid search results, which may earn anywhere from a 3% to 10% click-through rate, the No. 1 spot in organic search has a CTR closer to 30%.
Organic SEO also has long term commercial value. A YouTube ad has a shelf life, but a landing page with target keywords ranking on Page 1 of Google is valuable until someone manages to outrank it.
At Brafton, we assign an SEO consultant to assess your website’s ranking on organic search, including how many keywords you rank for, any technical SEO issues affecting your site’s performance in SERPs and how you stack up to your market rivals. Our SEO professionals rely on data from Google Analytics, Search Console and enterprise SEO tools. Based on our findings, a dedicated SEO strategist will then tailor a marketing campaign.
Some of the measures we might take to improve your organic traffic and page rankings include, but aren’t limited to:
- Landing page re-optimization.
- Organic link building.
- Advanced keyword targeting.
- Blog writing.
- Guest posting on other websites.
- Persona development.
- Technical SEO.
- Link profile analysis.
- Mobile optimization.
On-Page SEO Services
On-page SEO refers to any technical SEO campaign that’s executed directly on-page. These are almost always organic SEO efforts, such as optimizing your commercial landing pages to rank for high-value keywords, publishing high-quality blog content, remediating crawl errors that prevent search engine bots from crawling key pages and any other on-site enhancements.
Some of the most popular services we offer as part of our on-page SEO packages include:
- Content writing for blog posts, conversion landing pages, commercial landing pages and lead generation content such as eBooks and white papers.
- Content refreshes.
- Search Performance Briefs.
- Featured snippet optimization.
- Conversion rate optimization and call-to-action marketing.
- Web design and user-experience design.
- Technical SEO audits and remediation.
- Page-speed optimization.
- Meta tag optimization.
- Website traffic analysis.
- Mobile optimization.
- Website SSL setup.
- Much more.
Off-Page SEO Services
Off-page SEO is everything you do off your site to improve your domain’s performance in SERPs. Your site’s ranking is highly dependent on interactions that occur elsewhere on the web. Organic backlinks from trustworthy sites are especially important. Search engines see these as affirmation of your domain’s authority and trustworthiness. Promotion and distribution on social media and email are also key in driving traffic to your webpages.
At Brafton, you’ll have access to an off-page SEO expert who can prescribe strategies to improve organic traffic and help ensure that your domain will show up in SERPs. These internet marketing activities include:
- Coordinating with other site publishers to create guest posts.
- Ghost-writing guest posts.
- Reaching out to influencers to help build a backlink portfolio.
- Email marketing.
- Social media marketing.
- Digital PR.
- YouTube marketing.
- Display advertising.
Paid SEO Services
Paid SEO, better known as search engine marketing, involves using pay-per-click ads that appear at the top of Page 1 in Google or Bing. Site publishers bid on keywords for which they would like their ad to display in the search engine results page. Each time a web user clicks on that ad, the publisher of the ad pays a fee.
A paid search result will almost always see a significantly lower CTR than an organic result on Page 1. However, paid search has value for businesses in the form of improved brand awareness and its ability to target commercial-intent keywords. Plus, many consumers say ads in their search results help them find specific information or products faster.
Your Brafton SEO specialist can support your paid search efforts in all of the following ways:
- Ad A/B testing.
- Identifying competitive keywords.
- Meta description analysis and optimization.
- Creating ad landing pages.
- Optimizing ad landing pages to help improve the Quality Score of an ad.
- Refining your target audience.
National SEO Services
Many of the businesses we work with have national reach and therefore require the ability to establish a location-agnostic search presence. This requires careful keyword analysis to ensure that certain terms have value regardless of where in the country they’re being searched, or that, if there are regional variations, you’re targeting the variations used by your most lucrative markets.
In addition to advanced keyword research, some of the ways we help companies achieve SEO marketing on a national scale include:
- Assisting with multi-site, multi-location SEO.
- Using data to create SEO briefs that guide content strategy.
- Employing ecommerce SEO best practices.
- Performing website traffic analysis.
Local SEO Services
Local SEO is a crucial component of a successful SEO strategy for businesses that primarily focus on local audiences — and even companies that have national reach. It’s estimated that nearly half of all searches are local queries. To some extent, ranking for keywords that include “near me” and other location-specific qualifiers is important for all businesses.
At Brafton, we can help you optimize your website for local search. Some of the local SEO efforts we can take include, but aren’t limited to:
- Google My Business optimization.
- Name, address, phone number, website (NAPW) updated.
- Business directory management.
- Online reputation management.
- Brand monitoring.
- Localized content creation.
- Targeted link building.
- Technical SEO for multi-location sites.
- Mobile optimization.
Video SEO Services
Google and other search engines are getting increasingly better at parsing on-screen elements that are key in helping users discover video content online. However, each search engine still relies heavily on on-page elements to index and rank videos that appear in SERPs.
At Brafton, we have professional video and animation teams capable of creating high-quality visual content for your audience. When they work directly with our SEO experts, good things happen:
- YouTube optimization.
- Link building.
- Promotion on social media.
- Optimized meta descriptions, meta tags and URL strings.
- Better-organized video playlists.
- Higher user engagement.
- Strategic use of video in landing pages, blog posts and other multimedia content.
Business SEO Services
All of our services are business SEO solutions. Because every SEO strategy we develop is laser-focused on bringing our clients that much closer to achieving their commercial goals.
In addition to all of the aforementioned services, we help businesses achieve SEO success by:
- Tying every SEO service we offer to a larger digital marketing plan.
- Working closely with your company stakeholders to make sure every SEO campaign is aligned with your objectives.
- Tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) and providing intuitive SEO reports that monitor your progress over time.
- Assigning experienced content writers who are steeped in your industry’s trends to write keyword-optimized copy for your target audience.
- Updating you on search engine algorithm changes and pivoting your strategy accordingly to make sure we’re still on target to hit your goals.
Enterprise SEO Services
As a full-service SEO firm, we have the resources and expertise to launch highly complex SEO strategies for businesses in all industries and of all sizes. Our enterprise SEO services are structured so that they can integrate seamlessly into your established marketing team. We’ll learn all there is to know about your company, products and services, industry and target audiences in an effort to fully understand the SEO solutions that will work in your favor.
Some of the SEO efforts we may take to help your enterprise website rank on Page 1 include:
- Targeted keyword research to ensure you’re speaking your audiences’ languages, no matter their geographic location.
- International SEO to position all iterations of your website well in SERPs.
- Digital PR to establish brand awareness, then recognition, in your most important markets.
- Social media marketing to engage your target markets across their preferred platforms.
- Comprehensive SEO audit to ensure all your internet marketing activities support one another and are tied to specific business goals.
Outrank Your Competition
Google is the largest index of information that has ever existed, and every day, that index is queried some 3.5 billion times. Still think you can compete without SEO?
The sooner you start identifying and ranking for queries that are relevant to your brand, the sooner you can start outperforming your market rivals.
Not in the US?
We do SEO marketing internationally: