Animation has become a powerful tool for marketers in today’s world. As a form of video marketing, animation allows for more imagination and creativity, as well as being able to better capture more abstract or complex concepts than live action videos.
Brands are increasingly incorporating animation into their existing video marketing strategies. Not only do these motion graphics help engage viewers in a new and fun way, they also significantly improve the bottom line. Creating an animation may require time, effort and investment, but it is sure to pay off – literally – in the long run.
As more companies consider adding animated videos to their marketing mix, it’s important to know what exactly goes into creating one.
1. Every animation starts off with a collaborative meeting between our client and the animation team. This time is used to hone in on branding, voice, audience and every target the client wants to aim for with the project.
2. The next step is writing the story. What does the client brand want to say, and convey, in this animation? The video script is written with these things in mind to ensure the motion graphic effectively tells that story and answers viewers’ questions.
3. After that, the team gets to working on the storyboard. This is a shot-by-shot set of drawings for how the visuals will look within the animation, and it gives our clients the first impression of how their project will flow.
4. Next up is the revision process. Our clients have the chance to provide feedback and make changes to any aspect in the storyboard. After this step, the voiceover talent is chosen and added in. Clients get to choose from a wide array of VO talent, and can decide which kind of tone they are aiming for.
5. Now our team brings the animation to life! Our skilled animators use their magic to create an engaging, informative and stellar animation product that makes our clients’ visions a reality.
6. Sound design is the next step. Brafton’s animators work on adding in sound effects to really make the video pop. Excellent sound design is vital to the overall tone and tempo of the animation, and it can turn a good video into a great one.
7. After a few touchups and some fine tuning, we deliver the finished animation product to our client. This is our favorite part! We love making our clients happy and knowing we helped them reach their content marketing goals.
Maybe it’s not as easy as 1, 2, 3, but it’s not far off.